The sizzling street food and entertainment confirmed for the second Orange Pip Market can now be revealed.
The artisan “21st Century culinary bazaar” will be offering foodie treats from across the culinary spectrum when it returns on Saturday, June 25.
Baker Street hosts the monthly event, which will run from noon to 7pm on the last Saturday of every month.
Market organisers have cherry-picked the best in farmer’s markets, continental markets and street food festivals, alongside live music from up-and-coming artists and pop-up arts workshops.
Among the taste-bud tickling offer will be:
- Sundaes of Yarm – Handmade Italian style ice cream served from a bicycle-toting family business from Yarm.
- The Clucking Pig – Hand crafted scotch eggs made using the finest free range ingredients sourced from a selection of local suppliers.
- Papa Ganoush -Newcastle’s Papa Ganoush have found inspiration in Paris’s Jewish Quarter, Amsterdam, Jordan and Turkey incorporating ingenuity, skill and imagination into their own take of Middle Eastern street food.
- Pizza Fritta – Fried + Pizza = Frizza. Pizza Fritta has a cult-like status in Naples, and rightly so, but the real thing is hard to find in the UK.
- The Nuthatch – Special summer cocktails from the Bedford Street superstars.
- That Cake – Home based bakery in Redcar. All the cakes are freshly baked using quality ingredients and free range eggs. Some of the tastiest and most show stopping cakes in the region.
- Grown In Middlesbrough – fresh, seasonal vegetables from local farms and small-scale growers in the town.
- Piejackers – Gourmet pies and sides.
- Earl’s Fine Foods – Cheesemonger
- Crispy Conewich – Freshly baked seasoned crispy cones filled with crispy rice noodles and topped with a choice of chicken, pork or beef.
- La Petite Crêperie – Authentic French crepes and galettes with a variety of sweet and savoury flavours including classic butter and sugar, salted butter caramel.
- Crumble & Slice – A continental twist on cakes, pastries, tarts and cookies. They are creating a special range just for Orange Pip Market, including brownies, pecan pie bars, cake lollipops, cake ice creams, and their signature high topped mini cakes.
- The Moody Baker – Artisan bakery that pride themselves on using local, fair trade, and organic ingredients to create wonderful baked goods from their own unique recipes.
- mima Café – Quiches, salads, stews and real ale
- Fat Hippo – Juicy, messy 100% beef burgers with adventurous toppings (PB&J anyone?), veggie burgers and Cajun fries. These burgers flippers do not mess around.
- Baytown Coffee – Beautiful fair-trade coffee from the Yorkshire coast.
- Longhorns BBQ – Longhorns use only British livestock from Northumberland and beyond. Their meat is rubbed with a blend of authentic spices before being smoked low & slow over hickory for up to 24 hours. / BBQ meats, slaws, dogs.
Meanwhile the artists confirmed to be taking part in the day are:
- Sherylin Oliphant professional make-up artist in TV and films will be painting faces, adorning us with temporary tattoos and gold leaf.
- Paul Murray will be making leather bound and paper books and you are welcome to join in.
- Sunday Girl Magazine will be with us all day making beautiful little zines all about dream girls..
- Twisted Sister Braids – Twisted Sister Braids is the brainchild of Newcastle based creative hairstylist, Sophie Warburton. From pancaking and cornrows to glittered partings, there is nothing Sophie doesn’t know about the art of braiding.
- Major Matilda – 2pm
- Serious Sam Barrett & Lewis Pugh – 3.30pm
- Fleckt Pets – 5.30pm